August 15, 2011
On August 9, members of Local 6 and the New York Hotel Trades Council at the Central Park Boathouse in New York walked off the job to protest unfair labor practices by the restaurant's management. After a strong majority of workers signed union cards in January, the Union petitioned for an NLRB election. Since then, dozens of employees who supported the Union have been fired, and the NLRB has suspended the election pending its investigation of numerous charges filed by the Union. Hundreds of Local 6 members and supporters are distributing the “Boycott the Boathouse Complimentary Map and Restaurant Guide," which offers a detailed map of Central Park and explains the boycott of the Boathouse in twenty-two languages.
Read more below.
- Boathouse Restaurant Workers Walk Off Job, The New York Times, August 9, 2011
- Surprise walkout at Central Park Boathouse, Crain's New York, August 9, 2011
- The union/Boathouse fight gets personal, Crain's New York, August 12, 2011
- "Boycott the Boathouse" Flyer Advises Would-be Patrons on Dining Alternatives, New York Magazine, August 12, 2011
- UNITE HERE Report: "The Irony of ObamaCare: Making Inequality Worse"
March 11, 2014
- Airline Catering Workers Delegate Major Airlines for $10.10 nationwide!
March 10, 2014
- Culinary and Bartenders Unions Reach Tentative Agreement with The New Tropicana Las Vegas
March 6, 2014
- Noble Street Lunchroom Workers Ratify Their First Contract
March 5, 2014
- Contract Negotiations Begin at Walt Disney World
March 3, 2014
- Video: BWI workers push for bills to increase wages!
February 27, 2014
- Dining Hall Workers Win at Cal State East Bay
February 25, 2014
- Las Vegas Union Members Vote to End Contract Extensions
February 21, 2014
- Rank-And-File Leader Wins Award From National Ally
January 31, 2014
- Union Members Overwhelmingly Vote to Ratify Caesars Entertainment Contract
January 29, 2014