September 27, 2011
On September 8th, 86 workers at "Ames," a luxury boutique hotel in Boston, joined UNITE HERE Local 26. Ames is the 12th hotel to join Local 26 since 2000. Workers at the W hotel joined Local 26 earlier this year.
Nicholas Panagakos, a doorman at the hotel, said, "I've worked at Ames for over a year and I'm thrilled to be joining my union sisters and brothers in Local 26. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. We need to negotiate a first contract, and then we need to go out and bring more hotels into the union."
Ames, located next to Boston's City Hall, has 114 rooms and the Woodward restaurant.
(photo by A Gude)
- Philadelphia Parents, Lunchroom Staff Begin Fast for Safe Schools
June 17, 2013
- Christian Torres: From Dreamer to "Giant of Justice"
June 10, 2013
- Workers Protest Hyatt Shareholders Meeting For Longstanding Labor Abuses
June 10, 2013
- Report Reveals Safety Concerns, Food Waste in Philly Lunchrooms
June 5, 2013
- Kellogg School of Management Workers in Chicago Join UNITE HERE!
June 4, 2013
- Call For Entries: Short & Strong Film Competition to Showcase Students' Immigration Stories
June 3, 2013
- 22 British Columbia Hotels Vote to Authorize Strikes
May 30, 2013
- Phoenix City Council Votes for Immigration Reform
May 28, 2013
- Concession Workers Launch One-Day Strike at San Francisco's AT&T Park
May 25, 2013
- At Senate Hearing, Hyatt Workers Oppose Pritzker Nomination for Commerce Secretary
May 23, 2013