November 22, 2010
The American Studies Association joined workers from the Grand Hyatt and the Hyatt Regency San Antonio and San Antonio community allies in a lively demonstration in front of the Grand Hyatt. Over 300 people picketed and rallied, and a group of American Studies Association members and leaders, along with community and labor leaders, went to Hyatt management and offered to help the housekeepers clean the rooms.
The ASA and UNITE HERE released a strong joint statement, viewable here.
- 300+ March with Airport Concessions Workers for Equal Pay at BWI
March 17, 2014
- Atlantic City Launches Revel Casino Organizing Drive
March 14, 2014
- Can We Ever Have an Honest Conversation About Fixing Obamacare?
March 12, 2014
- UNITE HERE Report: "The Irony of ObamaCare: Making Inequality Worse"
March 11, 2014
- Airline Catering Workers Delegate Major Airlines for $10.10 nationwide!
March 10, 2014
- Culinary, Bartenders Unions Reach Tentative Agreement with The New Tropicana Las Vegas
March 6, 2014
- Noble Street Lunchroom Workers Ratify Their First Contract
March 5, 2014
- Contract Negotiations Begin at Walt Disney World
March 3, 2014
- Video: BWI workers push for bills to increase wages!
February 27, 2014
- Dining Hall Workers Win at Cal State East Bay
February 25, 2014